MINDKEYS - COUNSELLING & CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY CORONAVIRUS POLICY MARCH, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) was declared a global pandemic on the 12th March, 2020, by the World Health Organisation. Advice is changing rapidly and in an attempt to keep pace with this evolving situation, in relation to the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on this practice, please read the following information.
The health and safety of all my clients and their loved ones, as well as that of my own family and loved ones, is my priority. It is for this reason that I am taking steps to minimise, as much as I can, the impact of COVID-19 on my practice.
From Friday the 20th March, 2020, ALL APPPOINTMENTS will be conducted on line. There will be no face to face appointments until further notice. If you have a computer, laptop or iPad, iphone or smartphone with a camera, microphone and internet connection, then this option is very simple indeed.
I have successfully been using a platform called Coviu for a couple of years now, for all of the different facets of my work; Special Education, Counselling and Clinical Supervision. I have on occasion used it also for Clinical Hypnotherapy, although this is not always preferable. I have now added Zoom to my online toolkit, which is even easier to use. Both platforms are safe and secure and do not require any of your personal details, for the platform to run. I will provide all necessary instructions that are simple and straight forward.
When we make your appointment using Zoom, you will be sent an email with the time & date of the appointment and a link to click on, which will take you to a virtual room, where you will wait until I join you. I will be notified that you are waiting for me. Please make sure you have your microphone on and that your camera is working.
In the event of a difficulty with connection, please have your mobile phone handy, should I need to contact you.
And that’s it! Very simple and straight forward.
Guidelines for Online Appointments:
We can maximise our online experience if we both:
- ensure that we have a private, quiet, dedicated place for our meeting.
- make sure that we have all that we need at our fingertips, for example; notes, books, pad, pen and a drink.
- remove distractions; ensure that the TV, radio, or other computer applications are turned off.
- have had a few minutes to prepare ourselves before meeting, so that we are relaxed and
- focused, not rushed with scattered thoughts.
- consider this a normal appointment, the same as if visiting a G.P, Dentist or other healthcare professional in their office. We wouldn’t wear our pyjamas to an appointment (though we might like to), so let's keep the space professional.
Payment for Online Appointments is through Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
Direct Credit Transfer to Kim Michelle Hansen
Credit Union Australia
BSB: 814 282
Counselling appointments must be paid for, 2 days prior to appointment.
Having online appointments allows you to wait in the comfort of your own home, without the concern of coming into contact with other people.
“Social distancing is an effective measure, but it is recognised that it cannot be practised in all situations and the aim is to generally reduce potential for transmission...
Social distancing includes:
- avoiding crowds and mass gatherings where it is difficult to keep the appropriate distance away from others
- avoiding small gatherings in enclosed spaces, for example family celebrations
- attempting to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between themselves and other people where possible, for example when they are out and about in public place.
- avoiding shaking hands, hugging, or kissing other people
- avoiding visiting vulnerable people, such as those in aged care facilities or hospitals, infants, or people with compromised immune systems due to illness or medical treatment”. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspx#sec5
Cancellation Policy in Relation to COVID-19
Missed appointments and Terms of Payment Non Coronovirus related cancellation:
48 hours or More Notice Given - No Charge
Less than 48 hours Notice Given - 100% of Minimum Charge
Coronavirus related Cancellation:
If you cancel your appointment online due to illness related to COVID-19 symptoms or advice, you will not be charged a cancellation fee. This new policy is based on an honesty system. I expect that under the circumstances, this new policy will not be abused. COVID-19 has the potential to completely shut down small businesses like Mindkeys, with significant consequences. Therefore, cancellation fees will still be applicable, unless the cancellation is related to COVID-19.
Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones:
The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is the same way you would protect yourself from catching flu or other respiratory illness:
- clean your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol.
- cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or with tissue.
- avoid close contact with people who are ill
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- stay home if you are sick.” https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/protect-yourself.aspx
I understand these changes are not ideal, but this situation calls for ingenuity and change. Change to the way we have always done things and a transitioning to a new normal. While we are moving out of our collective comfort zones, we will find new ways to continue our lives. None of us know how long we will need to make changes for, but being on the front foot, staying calm, but vigilant and beginning the change process now, means less stress down the track.
What to do Next?
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me on (0412 606 727) if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment.
Together, I am sure we will manage this challenging time.
Keep Safe & Well
Kim Michelle Hansen